What Do Vehicle Crashes Have in Common? A Vancouver Car Accident Attorney Explains.
How can Vancouver car accident attorneys handle diverse cases without missing a beat?
It is not just that we are well-trained, knowledgeable, and fast learners. To be frank, most car crashes have the following three elements in common. Some may surprise you.
1. Most accidents are not flukes. There is a clear logic to how they occurred, and a thorough investigation can tease that logic out.
Your crash might have seemed like it happened “out of the blue.” However, a good investigation can almost certainly turn up a logical reason for what happened. For instance, the driver of a car that “hit you out of nowhere” might have been talking on a cell phone or lost in a daydream. Perhaps a quirky bend in the road threw off your navigational sense.
2. Many Vancouver car crashes—perhaps most of them—are caused by human error, negligence, or carelessness.
Obviously, if someone sped through a red light and hit you or drove while intoxicated and sideswiped your pickup truck, we could safely assume that human negligence played a role. However, bad behavior can indirectly cause crashes, too. For instance:
- A mechanic's failure to check your brake fluid levels can lead to a brake-related crash
- A municipal body's careless road engineering could lead to the construction of a dangerous curve or intersection
Of course, not all accidents can be blamed on people. If a deer darted onto the road and hit your car, for instance, no human is to blame. However, it is usually a good idea to assume that human error or negligence played a role.
3. Insurers, like the ICBC, prioritize their bottom line over your care.
Insurance companies market themselves to consumers as champions of the injured. However, do not be fooled. At the end of the day, insurers are businesses. They face powerful financial pressure to minimize payouts to victims of accidents. Most victims need help understanding the true intentions of insurers and a strategic roadmap to deal with them.
To make sense of your recent car accident in Vancouver, contact a Vancouver car crash attorney at McComb Witten at 604-255-9018. In addition, to learn more about pursuing your accident case, download our free report, He Slammed into My Car and Took Off!