Be Prepared to Meet With Your Vancouver B.C Attorney
Here's the information that we'll need from you. Please bring all information that you have regarding your accident to our first meeting.
How can we contact you?
Write down your contact information at home and at work:
- telephone number
- email address
If you've met with ICBC, we'll need:
- your claim number
- location of the claim centre
- name of your adjuster
Tell us about your accident:
- When did it happen (date and time)?
- Where did it happen?
- What was the weather like?
- What kind of car were you driving?
- Whose car were you driving?
- What kind of road were you driving on (gravel, 2-lane, etc.)?
- What were the road conditions like at the time of the accident?
- Did the accident happen at a controlled intersection? Were there traffic lights, stop signs, etc?
- How did the accident happen?
- What kind of damage was there to your car/motorcycle/bicycle?
- What kind of injuries did you suffer?
- If you were taken to the hospital after the accident, give us the name of the hospital and the name of the doctor who treated you (if you remember)
- Who is your family doctor (and contact information)?
- Did you have to take time off work because of your accident?
- Were there passengers in your car (contact information) and were they injured?
- Did anyone witness the accident (contact information)?
- If you were a passenger in a car that was involved in an accident, who was driving?
- What information do you have about the other driver and vehicle involved in the accident?
Gather your documents
Make notes about the accident and how you have been coping with your injuries.
Collect important documents, such as letters from ICBC, receipts for car repairs, etc.
What questions do you have?
Visit: Personal Injury Q&A .
- What are the legal fees?
- What can you expect from your lawyer?
- What does your lawyer expect from you?
- Will we settle your case?
- Will you have to go to court?
- What will happen next in your case?
- Are there time limitations that affect your case? In other words, how much time do you have before taking the next step in your case?
- How long will it take to resolve your case?