A Vancouver Motorcycle Accident Attorney Weighs in on Safe Spring Riding
Our Vancouver motorcycle crash lawyers have seen far too many tragedies on British Columbia’s roads and highways. Driver neglect and bike malfunctions both play huge roles in these catastrophes. However, the unpredictable British Columbia weather also contributes.
If you recently got hurt on your bike, you’re probably feeling more than a bit obsessed about safety. Here are three simple steps to minimize your chances of a duplicate disaster.
1. Exercise common sense safety tips with extreme discipline and consistency.
- Always wear your helmet while biking
- Minimize driving at night; if you do bike at night, wear reflective clothing
- Make sure you are well rested before you hop on your bike
- Keep your bike well tuned and road ready
- Avoid being reckless, careless, or negligent
- Minimize the amount of biking you do during dangerous weather
No single safety strategy will protect you 100% of the time. However, when you stack these good biking habits on top of one another, they will add up to an increased level of safety.
2. Track your biking behavior.
Safety is a numbers game.
In spite of your best intentions, you will still make careless—or less than ideal—decisions about when to drive, how to drive, and so forth. Only by journaling about your biking experience can you really cement best practices.
When should you journal?
Here's a good rule of thumb. Any time you get into a near accident, reflect after the fact about what went wrong and why. For instance, perhaps you skidded out on a slippery turn. Ask yourself: “why?” Perhaps the roads were slick. Perhaps you just got lazy.
Once you know your risk factors, you can more consciously avoid them.
3. Get in touch with a Vancouver motorcycle accident lawyer to find out what caused your first crash.
Only a thorough investigation into your crash, ideally assisted by an experienced Vancouver motorcycle crash attorney from McComb Witten, can give you the clarity you need to make better decisions going forward.
Call us today at 604-255-9018 to schedule your free case consultation. You may also wish to download our free report, The Inside Secrets ICBC Doesn't Want You to Know! for more information.