Bus Crash Victims Can Make Costly Errors: A Vancouver Bus Accident Attorney Explains
Our Vancouver bus accident attorneys appreciate, all too well, the chaos that injury victims feel immediately after a scary crash.
Unfortunately, errors or delays that occur now can complicate your efforts to build a winning case later.
Following are some of the common mistakes injury victims make:
- They fail to take pictures and document other evidence from the scene of the crash
- They lose names and contact information for witnesses
- They don't keep track of police reports and medical records
- They make unnecessary and legally problematic comments about the crash
- They fail to retain a Vancouver bus accident lawyer
- They retain legal representation too quickly, without doing due diligence on prospective firms
You probably do not need to be told why these mistakes can have negative consequences. If you don’t collect evidence from the scene, you can’t build a strong case. Likewise, if you wait weeks to find an attorney, the liable defendants will have plenty of breathing room to build a defense.
So what’s the root of these mistakes?
Lack of knowledge certainly plays a role. Most people do not spend their days thinking about bus accidents and all of the gruesome, complex legal questions these accidents raise.
Likewise, psychological factors are involved. When we confront unusual circumstances, our instincts might be to defer taking action until we “know everything.”
For help getting to the bottom of your bus crash, get in touch with a Vancouver bus crash lawyer at McComb Witten. Give us a call today at 604-255-9018 to schedule your complimentary case evaluation. You might also find it helpful to download our eye-opening free report, The Inside Secrets ICBC Doesn't Want You to Know!