Q: What factors can complicate a Vancouver bus accident investigation?
As a recent Vancouver bus accident victim, you are acutely aware that you need to investigate the root cause of your crash to build a compelling case. Unfortunately, accident investigations are anything but simple. Following are five elements that can complicate the work:
- The liable bus company and insurance company might hide or destroy evidence or attempt to mislead investigators.
- The police may fail to document all relevant evidence at the scene. As a result, important evidence could be lost or forgotten during the clean up process.
- Witnesses may provide conflicting versions of events—either on purpose or by accident. They may simply have seen the crash from different angles.
- Several things went wrong at once. Perhaps your bus driver and the other driver made driving mistakes at the same time, which caused a collision. Maybe the bus driver acted carelessly after the brakes in the bus misfired. A superficial review of the evidence will not tell you what created the chaos.
- You retained an incompetent law firm to handle the investigation. The firm did not retain good people or do a thorough job. As a result, you now have an incomplete picture, and you are not sure whether you can build a good case.
Your main goal should be clarity.
The clearer you are about what you want out of your case—and what happened in the crash—the more empowered you will feel. A Vancouver bus accident lawyer here at McComb Witten can help you decipher the truth. Get in touch with us today at 604-255-9018 for a free consultation. You may also wish to download a free copy of our book entitled Your Family Doctor Could Make or Break Your ICBC Claim for more information.