Q: Do I need a lawyer?
We think you do. Lawyers have spent many years studying the law and court procedures. They are experts in resolving legal problems. You have the right to represent yourself in a legal case, but we don't advise that you do that. Lawyers can:
- be your representative in all discussions with ICBC;
- explain your options in terms of the handling of your case;
- protect your legal rights;
- negotiate a fair settlement of your ICBC claim;
- help you understand the court system;
- explain the law that applies to your case;
- advise you about the strengths and weaknesses of your case;
- tell you what you need to do in order to obtain a fair settlement;
- have you examined by the appropriate medical specialists in order to prove your injury claim;
- develop a legal strategy designed to ensure that you get fair compensation; and
- save you time, stress and money.