Will the Driver Who Caused Your Bus Crash Go to Jail?
As a bus accident victim, you are mostly concerned about your own welfare.
- Will your injuries be permanent?
- Will you be able to get compensated for your medical care and lost work time?
- Can you punish the person or people who caused this disaster?
Along those lines, you would love to know what might happen to the bus driver who put you (and others) in a precarious legal, medical, and financial situation. Will he or she face criminal penalties? If so, what might those be?
Perhaps you are in a compassionate, forgiving mood, and you want the legal system to show mercy. Perhaps you are furious and outraged, and you just want the bus driver to pay a price.
Justice After a Bus Accident Injury
The bus driver’s punishment will depend upon details like the following:
- Whether the driver was driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Whether the driver was driving without a valid license or vehicle registration
- Whether the driver caused serious injury or death to anyone
- Whether the driver disobeyed traffic rules, chatted on a cell phone while behind the wheel, or ignored obvious mechanical problems with the bus
- Whether the driver has a criminal record
Depending on the circumstances of the accident, other parties could also be responsible for what happened—and therefore liable for damages. These could include:
- A bus company that hired a negligent or criminal driver
- A Canadian road agency that botched traffic or road safety engineering
- The makers, designers, or testers of any bus components that failed during the crash
To pursue justice, you need to understand what potential legal options you have. Connect with the team here at McComb Witten Personal Injury Lawyers for sound and thorough advice. Call us at 604-255-9018 to schedule a free case evaluation, or find out more by downloading our free report, Your Family Doctor Could Make or Break Your ICBC Claim.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Will the Driver Who Caused Your Bus Crash Go to Jail?"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."