Jeffrey S. Witten, B.A., LL.B.
You never thought you would have to call a Vancouver bicycle accident attorney. However, your young son or daughter
was hurt while biking to or from school, and now you need rock solid legal guidance, as well as empathetic listening, to get through these difficult times.
School bike crashes can be complicated for a variety of reasons:
- All Vancouver bike crash victims can have trouble recalling details about their crash. However, young children may not have the verbal skills or memory to provide clear information about what led up to the accident, so the investigation can be more challenging.
- Similar caveats apply to situations involving very young witnesses, who may be less reliable or less accurate in their reporting.
- Child bike accident cases tend to be emotionally difficult, particularly if serious injuries or deaths occurred.
- The people responsible for what happened to your child may have been close friends, beloved teachers, or a school that you trusted and supported.
In order to move forward after a bike accident in Vancouver, there are two key areas that need your attention:
- You need to assess all the facts, right now, as they pertain to your child’s injury and case. Strive to attain a complete picture of where you are now—all the facts of the case and all of the medical challenges your child faces.
- Crystallize a vision of how you want this situation to resolve. Imagine life, after everything has settled down. How are you feeling? How is your child feeling? What is true about your situation that is not true now?
Once you have a detailed understanding of these two concepts, you can strategically connect the dots between your current reality and your future desired reality.
Doing this on your own would be tricky, even if you were not overwhelmed by logistics and strong emotions. The good news is that you can lean on good people to meet your diverse challenges. If you have yet to retain a Vancouver bicycle accident lawyer, please consider contacting McComb Witten today for insight and assistance. Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with us by calling 604-255-9018. You may also wish to download a free copy of our report, Your Family Doctor Could Make or Break Your ICBC Claim.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "How to Move Forward After a School Bike Accident in Vancouver"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."