Hit & Run Claims in British Columbia - What you Need to Know
Hit and Run Claims in British Columbia are tricky.
Here's the thing. If you don't do follow the proper process your right to compensation for your injuries could be foreclosed.
The law in B.C. - S24 of the Insurance (Motor Vehicle) Act requires that an individual take "all reasonable steps" to identify the at fault vehicle and its driver.
So, what does "all reasonable steps" mean exactly ?
Well, in practical terms it means that you've done a series of things to try and ascertain the identity of the vehicle and driver that hit you. And have been unsuccessful.
What types of things do you need to do ?
1. Call the police within minutes of the accident;
2. Call ICBC within hours of the accident;
3. Knock on doors in the area where your accident took place to see if there are any witnesses to your accident;
4. Post signs at the scene of the accident looking for witnesses;
5. Put an add in the local newspaper looking for witnesses.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Hit & Run Claims in British Columbia - What you Need to Know"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."