Bus Cases - What Can be Learned from 75 Year Old Woman's Death ?
On June 17/13 75 year old Naranjan Dhesi was killed in an accident involving a charter bus.
The accident took place on Ross Street at 63rd Ave in East Vancouver.
Accordingly to preminary reports the bus was chartered to take a group of people to Harrison Hot Springs for the day.
How did the accident happen ?
Sargent Randy Fincham of the Vancouver Police Department told the Vancouver Sun that as the woman stepped onto the bus it started rolling. Unfortunately, the bus wasn't brought to a stop until it had travelled some 50 metres.
So who is responsible for this extremely unfortunate incident ? Where does the negligence lie ?
Here's a thumb nail sketch of the things yours truly would be looking into if I was handling this case:
1. Did the bus involved have a history of any mechanical problems ( focusing on the brakes) ?;
2. When was the last time the brakes on the bus were inspected ( to take it a step further, I'd insist on a mechanical inspection to see if indeed there was a problem) ?;
3. How much driving experience did the bus driver have ?
4. How long was the bus parked prior to the incident ?
5. Had anybody gotten on the bus prior to the incident ?
6. If so, how much time passed between various people getting onto the bus and the accident ?
7. Where was the deceased at all points in time as relates to the bus ? Was she in a position where the bus driver might have been able to see her prior to the accident ?
8. Did the bus driver see the deceased at any point in time prior to the incident ? And if so when and what exactly did he observe ?
9. I'd get the bus photographed.
10. I'd get the accident scene professional photographed and diagrammed; and
11. I'd have all witnesses ( including occupants of the bus) interviewed by a professional investigator.
And that's just a taste of what I'd do if I was involved in representing the family of the deceased.
Bus cases are complicated. And the evidence involved in proving a bus case disappears quickly.
Remember, bus cases are a breed apart.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Bus Cases - What Can be Learned from 75 Year Old Woman's Death ?"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."