Bicycle Safety - 6 Top Tips
What safety precautions are key when it comes to making sure you cycle safely on the streets of Greater Vancouver ?
Here are a personal injury lawyers top 6 bicyle safety tips:
1. Wear a Helmet - Helmets can make all the difference when it comes to avoiding serious injury. Additionally, it's illegal to ride a bike in B.C. without a helmet;
2. Be Vigilant when Passing Parked Cars - A good rule of thumb is to stay at least one metre away from parked cars. And watch for any sign that a door will be opening in your direction;
3. Stay Visible - Ensure that you and your bike are well illuminated at dusk/after dark. Make sure that your bike has a light and reflectors. Additionally, wear reflective cycling gear;
4. Stay Away from Traffic - Try and stick to designated bike routes or quiet streets. Riding where motorists anticipate that they'll be encountering cyclists increases your degree of safety;
5. Communicate with Drivers - Make eye contract with motorists whenever possible. And when in doubt, shout " watch out" or "hey mister" to gain a driver's attention;
6. Signal - Always use proper hand signals when turning or stopped. Make your intentions known to motorists.
Following these 6 bicycle safety tips. And if you have any questions regarding these or any aspects of bicycle safety feels free to contact us at McComb Witten. Just call 604-255-9018 and ask to speak to us about cyclist safety.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Bicycle Safety - 6 Top Tips"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."